Sunday, January 7, 2007

thrift books

way back when, the old days for me i guess, i bought dozens and dozens of children's books at various thrift stores. there were many years of good book finds for me, my collection is huge with lots of great books and some not so great. i was working with children in a psychiatric hospital (yikes!) and used my own collection to fill their library. i also worked as a substitute teacher after getting my degree (in psychology of course) and working on my teaching credential. i took books everywhere and was constantly searching for more. i even dabbled in writing books for children, taking several classes in creative writing and publishing. i just never had the time to really focus on this and then was sidetracked into the medical field...putting writing and teaching on the backburner.



having kids has given me reason to pull out all these books, many from my own childhood. sometimes it is hard to get lizzie to sit still through an entire story, but day by day she gets better and i can't wait to be able to read to both my girls each and every night. i have an entire wall unit of children's books out in the studio/garage (built for me this summer by my husband and brother, thanks guys!) which has enough books to last several years of nightly reading. i don't find books like i used to, people are smart in keeping them, but sometimes i stumble on a gem and it really makes my day!



here is a beautifully illustrated book with a wonderful story, even the writing is beautiful.

Close_your_eyes_book

Sc00057ad9



No comments:

Post a Comment