Monday, June 18, 2007

Emily's first day at camp and sewing in the real world

today emily headed off to her first day of summer camp...wearing the shirt i "stole" as a teenager from camp yallani when i was a counselor (to explain: extra t-shirts were stored up in the attic of the camp yallani lodge and so years and years of left over shirts were just sitting around. my fellow counselors and i helped ourselves to one from each year for our future kids. i was thrilled to find several in good condition stored in the garage and emily wears them regularly...i love the retro illustrations)



Img_6123

she picked this hat because it reminded her of "camp fire"...um....not the same kind of fire but too cute to say no to.



Img_6133

and something i looked forward to doing all weekend (i did a little at the cabin, but just a bit) was a marathon day of owl making. i am trying to stick to themes but i find myself all over the place with my combinations. i need 6 of each theme that can be sold as a unit, but after about three or four, i find myself changing colors and combos. maybe it is just that right side of the brain taking over? not sure how it happens but when i start counting them up i realize my blue/brown theme has turned to pink/blue/brown and the bright pinks have gone orange or green or brown. i guess i am having way too much fun with this, need to buckle down!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Leslie,
    Here is my address to send me the info on Camp Wintaka
    15409 Green Valley Drive
    Chino Hills, CA 91709
    Your website is hilarious! I love seeing how creative and crafty you are! I am envious of all you've done! I am left-handed and was supposed to be artsy - but for some reason I don't have that gene - or maybe it's hidden deep down and you'll bring it out of me!
    Look forward to the paperwork and I'll talk to you soon, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. man that is a lot of sewing you lucky gal!! Can't wait to see some of those owls complete. i also get carried away in the land of fabric. It can be overwhelming and then i end up using a very simple plain linen to tone it all down.

    ReplyDelete