Thursday, June 21, 2007

a favorite artist

someone i have followed for years and years, before i even had a decent computer, when i spent all my free time painting with my dad in his garage... we loved the collages made by rex ray. we even painted a whole series based on the few examples we found of his designs. i have a large one up at the cabin. they were fun fun fun and my dad and i really enjoyed ourselves! anyways, i think they are gorgeous and i just bought this book to drool over and inspire me to make some of my own versions for my own pad. someday i hope to be able to purchase an original piece from him. his collected works will be out soon, another must have for me to ogle.



Rex_ray_book



a tiny square of paper with a circle cut out... was carefully placed midway through the book... it just flitted out onto the table while i turned pages as if one of the photos came to life. very surreal... very cool. nice touch!



Rr2



1 comment:

  1. Oooh fun! Thanks for the introduction! Reminds me some of Jen from Swallowfield. You know her stuff?

    ReplyDelete