Friday, May 11, 2007

making memories

a really great day!

Img_4744



Img_4538

Img_4549

for grandpa heuer!



Img_4550

my only memory of this place, the san diego wild animal park, was at about age 6 (my brother was 2) and my mom threatened to throw him from the tram to the lions if he didn't sit still...my mom had a way with words and believe me we listened!

Img_4552

the white rhino here is one of only 9 known left in the world (they were hunted off for their horns) pretty somber thought when looking at an animal that will most likely go extict in your lifetime.

Img_4633

Img_4573

the weather was nice, not too hot. the place was pretty much empty, no crowds to speak of. perfect time of year i would say.



Img_4580

oh i am just so artistic

Img_4584_2

Img_4646

grandpa wilson, the girls, chris...hand in hand.



Img_4593_2

Img_4729

lizzie finds a place to rest



Img_4731

finally, our favorite exhibit

Img_4669



Img_4663

check out flickr for even more! better than disneyland!

Img_4628



2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are having fun!! I almost took a job in high school at TWAP to dress up as a dancing praying mantis. I said almost....

    ReplyDelete
  2. By far, the Wild Animal Park and The San Diego Zoo, were probably my favorite places to go. We had a diamond membership and I remember we used to go about once a week, sometimes, I would take Hayden (when he was a baby) and Hayden and Maisy (when she was an infant) about 4 times a week, just to walk the trails in the morning. The zoo is phenominal, too. Those two places we miss a lot.
    Yeah... Way better than Disneyland. Huge Sea World fan as well.

    ReplyDelete