Thursday, March 6, 2008

out of commission

where have i been? wish i could say i was busy planning the carnival party or just busy at work. no, i am trying to rest after an emergency eye surgery on tuesday. seems that little "flicker" i kept seeing wasnt my new contacts after all. yes, for more than a week i blew it off and when i finally got into the doctor thinking i would just get a new box of contacts, i was rushed through a dozen tests and doctors offices and found myself talking to a surgeon about the hole (turns out there were 3) in my retina and the risk of going blind. freakin freaky and scary and a whole lotta copays later... i was in surgery (awake mind you) for my eye (the scariest place to HAVE surgery, i would take an appendectomy any day over my EYE) and thats that. so now i am on my third day of head tilting rest with a constantly acid tripping left eye and since i am not supposed to be reading or typing, i need to sign off. just wanted to put the word out, i will post more on all this later. heck, turning 40 has been a breeze, not really.



xo



10 comments:

  1. Jeez! Ohmigod lady! THat is so scary! I am so sorry! Please get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....thank goodness you didn't put it off any longer. hope you're doing better and up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Leslie. I hope you get better, kid.
    Keep in contact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygod - I am so glad you are ok!! How scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi les! sorry to hear about your eye! glad you are doing better. take care and let me know if you need anything!! xoxo-leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I have seen you in awhile so I thought something was up. Take care and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-Leslie!!! I'm so sorry. So glad you caught it though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get better soon! What a scary thing to have happen!
    (I am another Camp Fire leader in LB. I think we met at Camp Shiwaka training)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh leslie! I hope the eyes are healing well and you are back at it soon.

    ReplyDelete