Monday, March 10, 2008

good news and a carnival birthday success!

finally some good news, my eye is healed from the original surgery. last week i had a scare about day 3 of my resting (did i mention my doctor CAME TO MY HOUSE to check on me??? amazing!) he said there was a small area that wasn't healing fast enough and he was worried about it... i would describe the whole process of what they do to treat retinal detachment and the recovery but so far no one can stomach my description... lets just say i had a window of opportunity to be healed and if that window closed i would need a second bigger procedure in the hospital.

the next day (after almost 24 hours laying down) the doctor said i had improved enough and was allowed to continue with emily's birthday party the following day, as long as i rested before and after. my parents and chris had to do 90 percent of the setup because i literally could not see out of my left eye the entire time. i am happy to say that yes, you can actually put on a rather large and complicated birthday party with only one eye! just in case you ever need to.

Img_3377

Img_3385

my mom made these clown tops for the girls, a nice touch



Img_3391

the carnies are ready for business



Img_3420

popcorn!





Img_3424

Img_3427

Img_3440

Img_3489

Img_3492

Img_3483

happy birthday emily!!! more pictures on flickr of our carnival. thanks to everyone for your get well wishes, means so much to me!



3 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! I wish we were there so the kids could be around all the great things you guys do. I'm glad to hear your eye is doing better.
    Your amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You through the best birthday parties.
    Hapde Burfday to Emily!
    And thank goodness about the eye. (And now I want to hear the gory details. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the party came together after all!! Looks like a crazy fun time!
    Good to see you last week! Glad you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete