Sunday, November 4, 2007

long long long weekend

strange, it's a good thing but this has been one long weekend! whew!

Img_0255

woke up to rain and storms, had to scrap the pearl harbor visit. looking for a shopping mall, we stumbled on a free shuttle to halo hatties and used the trolley ride to see the city. after enough shopping to put me in a complete stupor, the rain stopped and we headed up to diamond head crater.

Img_0170



Img_0165

climb, climb, climb

Img_0187

view off diamond head in waikiki



Img_0212

after that amazing hike, we walked back to our hotel (whew!!!)

Img_0231_2



Img_0234_2



Img_0243

chris helps out with a photo op



Img_0250_2

Img_0263

sweet moment for this surfer

Img_0264

our last sunset, storm moving through



Img_0270

as i write this, it is raining like crazy. we leave tomorrow with bags and bags of gifts for the girls, hula skirts and shell necklaces... can't wait to see them. thanks to chris for an amazing whirlwind weekend in hawaii, what a birthday! hawaii is gorgeous and fun, would love to live on the north shore in a teeny beachhouse (can you say 2 million?) and paint ocean scenes all day, learn to surf and just hang loose. here's to planning another hawaii vacation soon.



3 comments:

  1. Okay hopefully before I retire from the Marines I will get stationed there and you will have another reason to go back. That won't be for at least 5 years before I can think about going there. I have to get stationed in Japan first. Good thing I have at least 10 years before I even think about leaving the this fine gun club!! I love my job being a Marine, I recommend everyone try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so beautiful though. I went there my Senior year for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had fun! Man--that was a month ago!

    ReplyDelete