Tuesday, October 16, 2007

lost in books

emily asked me yesterday as we were driving home from our camp fire meeting... "what's your favorite color?" gray, "favorite animal?" elephant, "favorite food" pizza, "favorite store...oh i KNOW!!! book store!" and yep, i realized i have a major book addiction, even my daughter is on to me. MAJOR! i dream books, read whenever i get 1 minute, 2 minutes... a 10 minute break, score! i have a book in the john, a book in my purse, something to read in just about every nook possible. a maxed out credit card? fancy clothes, exotic trips, expensive dinners you say? no, books. plain and simple. love them.



so of course i was a sucker for this (having my own 98 year old grandfather living alone)... i think i am going to buy a dozen of these for christmas gifts. this book left me breathless (as so few books do... this and this and this and maybe this have left me speechless, gasping for breath. i am probably the only person on the planet who has a physical reaction to reading)

so now i am thinking, maybe i can reproduce my own version of this book using photos about my own grandpa? his house is just bursting with potential. just thinking.



517hw8mpvl_ss400_

516cklxmbvl_ss400_

this book and my preliminary version...



Img_8365





Img_8377





Img_8392





Img_8393





Img_8400





Img_8410





Img_8388



2 comments:

  1. beautiful captures. a portrait of an obviously amazing man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! It reminds me in ways of my grandmother's house--the grandmother who is 102 and who lived on her own until she was close to 100.
    I'm right with you regarding books--my kids would absolutely say the same thing about me! There are always boxes on their way from Amazon...
    You know, I think I might have a physical reaction to that book, too. I read about it a short while back, and I've wondered if I could handle it!

    ReplyDelete