Thursday, October 25, 2007

another reason green is good!

our cabin went from a blue mark on the google map (questionably standing) to GREEN (which means it was officially "eyed" by a person and checked off a list). whew! a very deflated... whooshy whew! something about me is that i go completely bonkers nuts while i am in a stressful situation and then just fizzle fizzle crash when its over no matter what the outcome. hang in there, i will come around soon.



i still need my own proof. to see, feel and smell my little a-frame... but i will take this as a very good indication it is still there. funny how this roller coaster ride has knocked the wind out of me (more than a little). i didn't really enjoy my fourth day of painting class, sensory overload and lack of sleep makes it hard to concentrate on even the most gorgeous scenery (plus the class "psycho" has taken to following me around, i could do several posts on her alone). so todays picture i actually quit before it was done, i am hoping to get a good gust of creative energy tomorrow to finish it and complete my final picture.



thanks to everyone for all your support, monday and tuesday were particularly bad days and i was shocked at all the emails and comments and support in general! gvl is a very special community and i am still so saddened for anyone who lost their cabin. even though i am thankful ours seems to be spared, its hard to not feel the pain for those who were not so lucky. to get some specific news and having it be good is so sweet, so wonderful!



day four plein air workshop:



Img_9401

our subject today



Img_9399



Img_9405



Img_9412

demo almost done and...



Img_9415

signed.



Img_9409_2

fluff between my instructors masterpiece and my half finished piece of ... no comment



Img_9419

just needs major contrast, major i-dont-know-what-thats-why-i-am-in-a-painting-workshop kind of stuff.

what a week!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Leslie!!! I'm so sorry that you are going through this! I'm thinking of you and praying that your cabin is standing strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dufus-U are WAYYYYYYYYYY to critical of yourself! U painting rocks! U are super-talented! If I tried that , it would look like a bunch of blue, tan and brown lumps! PLus, it was an outlet, a creative outlet you needed during a very difficult time! I am glad things look good for the cabin! Love, Cleaver

    ReplyDelete