Sunday, August 30, 2009

a special ceremony

so my brother is getting married and we were so excited to be invited to the bride's traditional vietnamese wedding ceremony... my teeny family (parents, chris, girls) were just blown away by all the colors and rituals. it was really quite sweet, much more interesting than a traditional american style wedding (which comes next month, wedding part 2) the girls loved it and bragged to everyone that this was their first ever wedding! i know my brother's new wife to be gets shy about her family's culture (she and her siblings are very "american" now) but i think learning about cultures that differ from your own is intriguing and special. chris and i both felt privileged to be included, lucky to be gaining such a large extended family to share the future with. here are a few snapshots i caught with my camera... iphone of course, it was hard to be sneaky with the camera when we didnt know what was really going on, i was mesmerized!
Wr-16

Wr-14
Wr-30
Wr-25
Wr-26
Wr-20
Wr-22
Wr-18

stay tuned for the traditional "american style" wedding coming up next month, we will be fancied up and photographed to the hilt and hoping for cooler weather!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your brother and his new bride! The photos of the ceremony are just beautiful.. I love all of the colors. Tell me all about when I see you next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...all the colors are beautiful...the bride is stunning. it must be so fun to be made part of a special culture like that.

    ReplyDelete