Wednesday, September 10, 2008

london mish mash

my shrine, the girls each came to me on their own with a gift for me to take on my trip. they did this very quietly and separately, very seriously. lizzie gave me clear directions on how to operate the winnie the pooh wind up box, it doesnt work but she told me how to "make it work so you can get some sleep". emily slyly stuffed the good luck horseshoe in my hand as i was heading out the door and wished me good luck on my trip. my first reaction was, where to put these? but thankfully i took them with a kiss and a hug and now they sweetly grace my nighstand.
IMG_0042



it is strange to be traveling alone with my mom, she and i used to travel often and we have a good routine together, but i feel a little lost. there has been lots of time to talk and share about life though, much needed quality time. i am grateful for it, very thankful. there is nothing quite like a trip to get back in touch with someone you care about. lots of walking, riding (buses,trains, the tube), swapping stories and parenting tips, ha ha, thats the best!
IMG_0048
finally some blue skies
IMG_0053

i know we both miss everyone so much though and our conversations are heavy with details for our next big trip which will include everyone and lots of wild adventures.
IMG_0189

for sure we will take the girls to bodiam castle, what a dreamy place.
IMG_0210

speaking of dreamy, chris, can you say date night? i know the place!


2 comments:

  1. How the heck did I miss that you were going to LONDON? Hope it's wonderful--I'm enjoying your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to sit in one of those chairs and sip a chai tea.

    ReplyDelete