Thursday, July 10, 2008

shop

IMG_7895
my poor little chasing bluebirds shop has been in quite the slump lately. its not that i dont love making my owls, i do. in fact, i have several waiting to be stuffed... but with baby gifts needed, i started making big blocks. i went a bit crazy and made a dozen, a friend said she has several babies who need some and could i make her a few? she said her little one carries the blocks i made her around the house (how nice!) so here are blocks ready to be delivered:
IMG_7889

these are so fun to make, once i got the hang of it, they arent perfect but oh well. i am starting to use some of my most favorite fabrics, trying to get brave with my crazy combos. i am avoiding pink because i like the way these can be for a boy or a girl... i do have some really wild pinks waiting to make blocks for the girly girls out there.
IMG_7892

IMG_7894

so these will be in the shop soon, i plan on selling them at the artisan tour over labor day at green valley lake! love to be a part of that wonderful community, so fun!

loving this, listening to this, just watched this, getting ready to watch this, just finished this (and cried my eyes out, loved it!) ready for a new book, hmmm... what next?
oh and i made my first chocolate and zucchini cake, it is cooling as i write this. found here, which is a great cookbook by the way, gorgeous and has some very yummy looking treats... i have a few on the list to try out. hoping for some more ways to use up all this squash!



4 comments:

  1. let me start by saying that those blocks are adorable. I love the fabrics that you used!!! As for the Once soundtrack...I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I think i listen to it every single day and have since i saw the movie...and no joke i just made a chocolate zucchini cake last night. I got the recipe and the zucchini from my CSA this week and it is awesome. You have a great treat to look forward to once it is cooled

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, if you want a movie that will absolutely make you ball, try watching "Dancer in the Dark" with Bjork. what a great indy movie that was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute blocks, fabric fantastic as usual! I have gone underground coordinating this garden tour saturday, and meant to ask if you'd like to sell or show your art. Pieces that you show do not have to be for sale...the vendor fair is at the los cerritos school garden, come by with the family if you'd like to check it out and hang!! 10-2p sat 19th. Talk soon! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete