Sunday, September 9, 2007

book club fizzles

well, the book club i joined recently fizzled after i read two books, attended only two meetings... of course i chose the latest book in the middle of the inevitable demise of the group. oh well! all i can say is this book was amazing, i had goose bumps as i read the ending and on through the notes regarding irene nemirovsky's real life. the story is so beautifully written, moving and dramatic with touches of humor. it is only the first two parts of a five part series, there are hints to what irene would have written had she lived and it is just beyond creepy to read her notes. i have been fascinated with world war two ever since college because for some reason i focused on early american history and just never learned much about the modern wars. i am so sad i wont be able to discuss this at a meeting because it would have been a fascinating book club choice! oh well, jen, if you end up reading this, lets get together over coffee sometime! this will definitely go on my favorite list of books... another recent addition is "around the world in 80 days" both are just brilliant!



51ifa1qufcl_ss500_



hoping to find more of her writing translated soon.



i watched this movie this weekend up at the cabin, sometimes a movie is just so perfect, that's all i can say. lizzie watched with me and immediately recognized the peter rabbit book as one she had recently picked out at the book store, it was nice to read it together after watching such a sweet movie. rare peaceful moments.

51ljrgojwvl_ss500_



4 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry to hear about the book club! Definitely going to check out the book though. You are the third or fourth person I've heard recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the book club! I've been waiting to see Miss Potter--what's your opinion, is it a "buy" or a "rent"? I just don't want to pay to rent it if I'm just going to end up buying it anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We read that book in our book club too and it was a great read! Sorry your club fizzled - I don't think I could live without mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also read Suite Francais and loved it! My book club, at the time, were not as enthused or passionate as I in our discussion which, in some ways, was one of the reasons I decided to leave my book club of 4 years...

    ReplyDelete