Sunday, August 26, 2007

Raw living

yeah, i know, raw food is like "what???" but i have been into it for a couple years now and although i don't LOOK it, i really LOVE it (and "GET" it) and would eat nothing but raw vegan food 24/7... that is if i lived on a deserted island with only coconuts to eat or had a raw food restaurant next door. it is super hard to eat this way, you starve waiting for things to dehydrate... but i really love the way you feel after a raw meal, the energy is off the charts. just something to think about.



Img_7899

my top chef and i made "cinnamon girls" and some kind of coconut cookie thing. super yummy!



Img_7901



Img_7904

mostly coconut, coconut butter, raw agave nectar, ground raw almonds, raw carob,raisins.... these will be eaten for breakfast next week.



oh and dont these resemble the seed bombs from the past? i will have an update on those shortly, the last time i went to the cabin there were some that were still intact on the hillside and some falling apart. i will be making more soon and continue to "bomb" our back hillside until i see any sign of life coming from them. cant wait for next spring!



oh and one more thing: emily was gone all weekend and lizzie kept asking for her. finally she said, "bring back my sister! you lost her!" how cute is that?



3 comments:

  1. LOL, the lost sister cracks me up.
    Jack will often ask me if I lost our house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seed bombs, I mean coconut girls actually look really yummy! I might have to give that a whirl. And that little girl of yours... I'm so glad that someone else's children have so little faith in their Mama's parenting abilities. Mine tell me that stuff all the time, like they have no idea how on earth I got put in charge of things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. raw food has always intrigued me... will check out those books on your sideba. (the cinnamon girls got me!)

    ReplyDelete