Saturday, August 25, 2007

My new obsession

ok, i have a lot of obsessions, but this is so cool! my oldest eats zero fruits and vegetables (i have mentioned this before) i mean ZERO!!! so i have been working on her to drink smoothies, trying to trick her into drinking veggies, mixed in with fruit, but she always fusses and complains. poor thing has a major complex about it. anyways, i stumbled onto this book and started making some of the purees (you hide them in cheesy dishes, muffins, brownies and meat) i made the tomato sauce with orange puree, the brownies with the purple puree and they taste amazing! you cannot detect the vegetables in there at all. the brownies have spinach and blueberries in them, we had a tiny piece with our dinner and no one had a clue. just smiles all around! i cant wait to make more and more of these, if i can get emily to eat even one serving of fruits and veggies a day i will be the happiest mom on earth! oh happy day!



51smifqrxl_bo2204203200_pisitbdp500



3 comments:

  1. hmmm..I'll have to look for this book next time I go to the book store. I have one picky vegetable eater and another all-around-everything-is-gross picky eater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you!! This is on my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am going to go that today! I have been looking for puree recipes for a while!! Thanks Top Chef!

    ReplyDelete