Thursday, September 18, 2014

Scotland continued


So Glencoe was definitely my favorite place and driving to it and around it was amazing. Rolling green hills, blue skies and puffy white clouds with a little misty rain here and there, perfect! On our tour we learned about many battles that were fought and the history of Scotland that I am embarrassed to say I didn't know much about before we left and only remember bits and pieces now. I did get an amazing sense of how wild the highlands was and still is today, how much pride everyone has in their "clan" and namesake. Having barely scratched the surface on my own Scottish background I know I must make another trip here after having done the research to find my own ancestors. It truly is an amazing place and I was startled to see so many blue eyed brunettes here, something I noticed on my first trip to Glasgow last year.


We ate terribly well on this trip, ugh, I usually lose a few pounds when I travel but not so this time, ha ha!

Pizza as good as Italy!!

A very brief visit to the Isle of Skye, definitely next time I want to explore this place more. Same with Inverness and Loch Ness, brief visits but we did learn a lot about the history of the area.



Loch Ness (with creepy ripples in the water everywhere), more food and property searching, hee hee.




Sisters hanging out at an historic battle site, very moving!


St Andrew (there is a castle ruins and church ruins but this area is famous for golfing)


Lovely friends met on our tour, my mom was especially happy to have a fellow coffee/tea buddy. I was hoping we would meet people who would help with my mom in a way that would be effortless and I truly found it in these fantastic ladies.
more to come! You can check out my photos on instagram as well (I'm private but if I know ya, I'll let you in)

No comments:

Post a Comment