Tuesday, September 20, 2011

London

So after our camping trip to Bryce Canyon in Utah... I was lucky enough to take a 10 day trip to London with my mom. Just the two of us (we have traveled together before many times). I was looking forward to it and I had the best time just hanging out with her, riding on the bus around the sights and taking trains out into the countryside. One of my favorite day trips was to Rochester Cathedral, Rochester Castle and Canterbury Cathedral...


IMG_2940


Canterbury Cathedral is the oldest church in England (Rochester is second)

IMG_2952

It is a gloriously large building and i found myself just quietly sighing and breathing deeply as i wandered from hall to hall

IMG_2954


IMG_2956


IMG_2959

It's a powerful place and the shopping area on your way to the cathedral was fun to check out as well. We were lucky enough to be there on their outdoor market day which was full of antiques, veggies and plants.

IMG_2918
(the walk to the cathedral from the train station)

IMG_2920


IMG_2927

lovely little shops along tiny streets that lead you to the "gate" of the cathedral

IMG_2935

wow! I hope to visit this cathedral again someday, i highly recommend it to anyone staying in London for a few days. The train ride out was an hour at most and the countryside is gorgeous through the train windows. Rochester Castle and Cathedral next! (there are more photos of my trip on flickr!)

No comments:

Post a Comment