Sunday, July 11, 2010

Acoustic Tidal Artwalk

This year my camp fire groups hosted tables at the Acoustic Tidal Artwalk at the Colorado Lagoon... I had already organized some crafts from previous meetings so it was pretty easy to put together. I have learned a few tricks over the years to make an attractive kid friendly space and we had many customers stop by. The setting was fantastic, sunsets lovely and I let my kids pretty much run wild both nights. Instead of nagging nonstop, I let them play in the water and when they checked back in I would have them help until they asked to go play again. No one whined or complained, so refreshing. Liz even asked me today what time we were going to the lagoon (she had put her camp fire shirt back on!! ha ha!) It was probably the funnest event I have ever had to organize and participate in. When I didn't have butterflies in my stomach on Friday I got a bit worried that maybe I wasn't prepared or was over confident, but when both nights went off without a hitch I realized, either I know what I am doing or got extremely lucky!!!




Photo-1
 







Photo-2

the sunset friday was gorgeous and as the tide came in, the girls had fun sitting on the lifeguard chair on the "island" the high tide made

Photo-3


Photo-4


Photo-5


Photo-6

the setup was the same both nights, we painted rocks and made friendship bracelets friday, then made mosaics out of beans and seeds on saturday. a highlight for me was turning around and seeing two adults chatting and laughing while making friendship bracelets. they just stopped by and started in... we had a lot of adults paint rocks and make mosaics too.

Photo-7


Photo-11


Photo-12


Photo-13


Photo-14


Photo-15


Photo-16

with only one more big event on my calendar (July 31st Camp Fire 100 year Ceremonial)... then Camp Shiwaka...then planning for next year... boy this summer is flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment