Sunday, March 7, 2010

10 years ago

I didn't know how annoying (and fantastic) hearing "mom, mom, mama!" was.



I didn't know how to diaper (or hold for that matter) a baby.



I was scared to death of breastfeeding...



I thought i knew EVERYTHING about parenting (i worked for 5 years in a psych hospital on the children's unit teaching behavior modification to parents while studying for my psych degree)



I thought i would only have one child.



I was thoroughly enjoying the roller coaster science project of being pregnant AND...



I met the most amazing creature who finally put me "in the club" that i wasn't sure i wanted to join: parenting or more specifically: motherhood



Wr-5
 


Wr-6

Wr-7

i guess this is the new "look" for the season (outfit was a gift from our glamorous neighbor)... we had a great time seeing alice in wonderland in 3d, WOW! i really loved the movie and i highly recommend going to a movie as an easy birthday party option. a bit pricey but as easy as it gets!
happy birthday emily! a decade of love! thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Well said Leslie. Well said. Heather and I had a talk similar to this not too long ago, when it hit us, that in literally 7.5 years, Hayden will be graduating High School. How about that for a reality check? I know that my parents and other grandparents know this already but it kind of hit us that really we're just borrowing their time having them growing up in our house. After a very short time... they just grow up, and move out. And you hope that you did all that you could to make sure they have all these great memories to maybe apply to their kids when they start having them. I know.. all a little pie in the sky... but i guess today is a good day to do that.
    Anyway, Happy Birthday Em!
    And Good on You Leslie for what you wrote.
    By the way... you're a good mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great list. You've come a long way, baby! Happy Bday to Em! I think we wore some of those clothes at CAMP in 1983! HA HA! Love, Cleaver

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry I was on vacation ...
    a belated JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE across the ocean to your sweet DD !
    "alice in wonderland" is out in France next week, we can't wait !

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday...those gkasses are too too funny

    ReplyDelete