Monday, April 27, 2009

grandma rosalie

Img395
down at the beach by their house
Img399
decked out in fur
Img498
(thats me!!)
Img539
Img673
Img540
Img527
a few more of my grandma, she was something, huh? because emily was the first grandkid and my grandpas first great grand kid, we used rose as her middle name. he always thought that was very special and i am so glad he was young enough to appreciate that. my grandparents always seemed happy and close, also a little wild and daring. it has been a great gift to stumble on to these photos and i cant wait to see more.

6 comments:

  1. what i can't get over is the FRICKIN' CLARITY of some of these shots. I mean, a few look like you took em about 3 hours ago with an old camera to try and doop everyone.... but that's not the case. How well they've held up is amazing. The beach shot and in front of the house in fur are my two favorite shots so far. The beach because its' such a time capsule. It don't look like that anymore. I bet you could find that house in the background and try to replicate where they were standing? Or not.. Plus, its the clouds in that shot. Such a Cali sky. Most pictures we all ever take rarely have the sky in them enough to make out what kind of day it really was. Notice that?? We're always focused on the subject and our subjects are usually people.
    Anyway, she's all class, your grandma... nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So classy!! I can see that Emily has some of her looks, I think. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Heather's comment on Emily having some of Rose's features. Especially in the eye/eyebrow area. You grandma was a true beauty, my fave is the one on the bottom. SO awesome. That would be an awesome one to do a portrait of, if I were a portrait painter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your grandma is very elegant and the photos are priceless ! (i love her dress on the beach picture) nice tribute to her.
    ps : my daughter as Rose as a middle name as well :) not so common in France...

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was lovely! I especially like the bottom photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow she looks like she was something and totally amazing. I love the dress on the beach!

    ReplyDelete