Thursday, January 29, 2009

healthy dinner

roasted tomato and red pepper soup
IMG_4365



can you BELIEVE this stove??? veggies roasting away (the house smells amazing!)
IMG_4370

recipe here and the finished soup:
IMG_4372
i am the worst at photographing food, flash is no good on my teeny camera. so far this is good, i am about halfway through my bowl. it will be much better with fresh tomatoes that are roasted and cut up correctly, i used my stash of frozen tomatoes (too much water from the freezing process) but even frozen tomatoes retain a fresh raw taste. i froze about 100 (yes 100) freezer bags with tomatoes, always picking them and freezing them right away. my favorite kennel owner gave me a used freezer that has been storing tomatoes, peppers and zucchini away since summer. all this healthy eating has given me reason to pull them out. the broccoli stash is still at 4 (thats FOUR large heads in the fridge) and i bet at least 5 more ready to go in the garden. fresh broccoli is great, but i am trying to get more creative than just steaming or stir frying. trader joes has a few types of peanut sauces and dressings that i will incorporate soon.
IMG_4353

sweet moon
IMG_4360

i noticed my prized (prized is actually a joke) magnolia is blooming, cant wait for the time change so i dont get home from work in the dark. sheeeesh!


3 comments:

  1. 100 bags ! wowow !!!
    I love tomato soup (cold or hot) do I get an invite ?! ;P
    I found an organic one last year that is so good that I don't even bother making my own now (lazy !)
    can't believe your mangilia is blooming ! it's usually early march here !

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure if comments are moderated on your blog or if my connection dad hiccups... can't find my other comment !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops here it is
    "magnolia" I meant
    sorry for being a pest tonight !
    hapy weekend to you :)

    ReplyDelete