Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spring Camp Out 2008

Img_6485

well another year of camp fire is almost over, this went by so fast i am in denial i was even present for it, maybe in some ways i was not. i am still a bit out of it with my eye, not 100 percent back to normal and i am worried it will ever be perfect. i think of events as a "before my eye thing" or "after my eye thing" and wonder when (or IF) i will just be able to take my vision for granted again, what a humbling experience.

so this years spring camp out was approaching and i wasnt sure i could handle it. since my eye surgery, i have to keep my eye super clean and take the lens out every day (before my surgery i would go weeks with a contact in and never had a problem). i figured we could just have dinner over the camp fire and then call it a night.



Img_6488



but then i went in to sign us up for a campsite just for dinner and got strange looks from the staff who asked, "no one wants to sleep over? but EVERYONE loves to sleep over!" i realized they were right, of course the girls would want to sleep over, thats a treat for us city folk... so...





Img_6505



i said, "lets do it!"





Img_6526



and we did!





Img_6508



and i am so glad.





Img_6549

Img_6552

Img_6566

Img_6569

Img_6578



Img_6581

and we ate pancakes for breakfast, perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment