Wednesday, February 7, 2007

lynne cox

hoping to get this wonderful author to come speak to my camp fire group, maybe even host an event in which she speaks to our whole council of camp fire girls. i just finished her book swimming to antarctica, it was surprisingly light and easy to read. she describes how she started swimming, her training and then the details behind her amazing long distance swims all over the world. she stresses goal setting and hard work to reach personal goals, really pushing herself to extremes to reach hers. i also liked that she speaks openly about different body shapes and sizes, with the emphasis on health and athleticism. just as i was motivated to start running again while reading ultramarathon man (he runs 100 miles at a time, i just need to get around the block!), i started dreaming of summer swimming and i can't wait for my surfing lessons to start (you hear that kathleen?)

Coxjktsmll

keep your fingers crossed we can get her.



3 comments:

  1. Ohhh - can I be a visitor that night? I have been meaning to read that book (would do so before meeting the author, naturally). Sounds like such a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there,
    i just read your comment on my blog- thank you!
    here is the info for my group girly show:
    Saturday, Feb. 10th from 4-11.
    Deja Design Gallery
    4823 West Pico Blvd.
    [2 blocks east of La Brea]
    mebe i'll see you there!
    xo,
    mati

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That would be totally amazing!! I have been dying to get the Grayson book on tape...I hear it's a great family tale, and I could knit during our evening read...

    ReplyDelete